Altensteig, Black Forest, drawn in ink and graphite



I know that traditionally it would not be correct to combine powder techniques (here graphite) with liquid and ink techniques (here brush pen), but I love it, I find it fun and I love the halftones that can be given (it reminds me of the grays of the aquatint). 

I started using it for outdoor drawings, quickly sketching the portrayed landscapes with pencil and brush pens (which are convenient to always carry with you) and then eventually retouching at home with some white gouache highlights, where really needed.

Here I drew the old castle of Altensteig, a town of half-timbered houses in the Black Forest. The castle was one of the residences of the counts of Tübingen, and in 1500 the upper floors were built in half-timbered (still in a clearly late medieval style, or in jargon "Alemannic half-timbered", or "Alemannisches Fachwerk", recognizable by the large spaces between the wooden beams and the absence of decorative elements).

Oh, in the foreground, why not draw a Ring ouzel (a female, lighter), it looked good, among those conifers ...



 But since we're in the Black Forest, here's a little Hazel dormouse on a log, always drawn in graphite and ink. And in the background a large traditional peasant house of the region (Schwarzwaldhaus). 
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento