Here is a second group of my illustrations for "Sorcery: Contested Realm" Arthurian Legends

 


In this group I show some of my favorites among the illustrated subjects: the small medieval village "Hamlet", with its half-timbered house in the foreground on the left, the spring plants in the background, the thatched roofs...


The "Hunter's Lodge" in the depths of a forest, with the light penetrating the old trees in the background, the sleeping dogs in the foreground, the details of the vegetation...


The burning castle: I loved this subject! The research on the effects of light in a nocturnal context, the reflection of the flames on the forest, the full moon in the background of a distant landscape, with a silver river flowing in the distance (and castles... I always love them).

I brought these subjects together because I loved working on different lighting effects and details than usual


The "Plague" illustration: I also loved trying my hand at this subject, so different from the usual ones. This illustration owes a lot to Erik's suggestions, his idea of ​​the unhealthy and pestilential atmosphere suggested by the greenish colors of the background was, as always, FUNDAMENTAL! Thanks Erik!


"Sir Ironside", this is a much more usual historical subject for me: two knights who met in a duel. The chaimail armor and weapons are typical of the 13th century, what was different and what I tried to depict as best as I could was the detailed face in the background. Erik's great tip was to think about old movie posters.

See you soon with a new selection of Arthurian illustrations!




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento