Summer Fan Art (a little break for fun): Godzilla meets the city of Pavia


 As a child I was completely fascinated (just one step below the primacy of anime) by Japanese monster movies, especially Godzilla: naturally the costumes of the actors who played the kaiju(s) were already noticed as absolutely unlikely, absurd if not ridiculous. 

I think most children love dinosaurs and giant monsters, who knows why (and Godzilla was and is the quintessence of the category: unsurpassed. Thanks Toho). But the thing that actually stuck with me the most was the beauty and care, the verisimilitude of the scale models of Japanese cities that were trampled on by the kaiju on duty. They were of a unique beauty. 

I don't know why I found myself rethinking those scenes set in Pavia, my city.

Now times have changed, cinema has changed, special effects have improved, but I still have a passion for Godzilla, and luckily two films in particular, 

the first "Godzilla" by Gareth Edwards and the second "Godzilla: King of the Monsters” by Michael Dougherty, from Legendary Pictures have updated - wonderfully - the Godzilla myth with two films that are absolutely STUNNING for me. 

Which immediately became my favorite monster movies (“Godzilla King of the Monsters” is REALLY my favorite movie ever!). And so here it is, the drawing I've wanted to do since I was a child, with Legendary Pictures' revisited Godzilla (the DougheGoji, or Michael Dougherty's Godzilla, in Godzilla fan parlance )

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/DougheGoji

 with a touch of "Godzilla: Minus One" , another gem of a film, with its scene of the attack on Tokyo absolutely among the most beautiful ever seen.

This is just fan art, a tribute to the iconic character and his (for me) best representations.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento